MEGALODON® by HammerHead IRS® is the next step in the evolution of Independent Rear Suspension for late-model muscle cars. Featuring a robust A206-T4 cast aluminum housing 32% stronger than standard A356-T6 aluminum, further reinforced by increased wall thickness at key OEM failure points, combined with the supreme strength of 9.75” Ford Super Duty Truck gears that feature a larger pinion stem diameter (2.00 vs 1.625) and 3/8” longer tooth contact than Dana 60, MEGALODON® will be the new standard in high torque performance IRS applications. It’s fitting we’ve named this massively strong IRS center section MEGALODON®, after the prehistoric giant shark whose name literally translates to “big tooth” in Greek.
Pricing Coming Soon
- GM Zeta Platform (5th Gen Camaro/G8/Commodore/Chevy SS)
- Chrysler: Hellcat/Challenger/Charger/300/Magnum
- Up to 1500 HP (1200 rear wheel HP)
- 9.75” Ring Gear
- Larger Pinion diameter than Dana 60 (2.00 vs 1.625)
- Differential Housing cast in A206-T4 Aluminum (32% stronger than standard A356)
- Fortified by Increased Wall Thickness at OEM Failure Points
- Aluminum Rear Cover (w/cooler port and load bolts)
- 34 spline stub axles
- 1500HP Axles
- Eaton 34-spline Detroit TrueTrac Differential
Available Gear Ratios
HammerHead IRS Contact/Quote/Support Form
Please fill out this form to contact us with any questions, get started on a price quote, or for technical support. We will get back to you as soon as possible.